NEXUS Renewal Procedure
The NEXUS card renewal process is the same as for first time applicants if your personal information has changed in the last 5 years. If your personal data i.e. address and employment history, passport information, drivers license have not changed since you first enrolled for the NEXUS program the renewal process is faster and you will not have to attend an interview. NEXUS membership can be renewed 90 days preceding your NEXUS card expiry date.
NEXUS card is valid for 5 years. When your NEXUS card expires you renew your card by filling out an application form and attending another interview at a NEXUS enrolment center. You do not have to attend an interview if your personal data is exactly the same as when you first applied for NEXUS (i.e. address and employment history, passport information, drivers license).
The United States and Canada are committed to safe and secure borders; over the last 5 years your status as a low risk traveller may have changed. Thus, NEXUS background and security checks will be conducted from scratch by law enforcement agencies, Citizenship and Immigration agencies and Customs and Border Protection agencies in both the US and Canada.
If you are conditionally approved to the NEXUS program you must attend a compulsory interview at a NEXUS enrolment center; you have 30 days in which to schedule a NEXUS interview otherwise you will be automatically denied from the NEXUS pass program. You will not be eligible to reapply until 90 days after the denial has passed. If you intend to use your NEXUS pass for ait travel you must schedule your interview at an iris scan enrolment center.
How to Apply?
Download the simplified application form for the NEXUS pass program and follow the steps described below.
- STEP 1: Download the NEXUS application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it.
- STEP 2: Send the completed NEXUS form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, drivers license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: email@example.com. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096.
- STEP 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee though PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your NEXUS application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 1 and 3 months to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler. Once you receive a decision you must book and attend a compulsory interview in order to complete the process.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Inaccurate or incomplete NEXUS pass application forms are automatically denied access to the NEXUS cards program!
NEXUS Pass Requirements
You must meet the NEXUS program requirements in order to qualify for a Nexus card. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the NEXUS program if they:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
NEXUS Pass Cost
The fees associated with the NEXUS card are as follows:
$50.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children under 18 are exempt from all fees)
If you wish to apply directly with the CBP, please visit their website.
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
More questions about Nexus? Read our FAQs
NEXUS Card Renewal Service
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing. It also includes the following:
- We provide a simplified, printable application form
- We make sure that your application is thoroughly reviewed prior to submission to make sure it is complete and accurate according to CBP criteria;
- We submit your application to CBP for you;
- We advise you and of any additional documentation you must provide program (birth certificates, passports or citizenship card);
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take;
- We can update you about the progress of your application within the government system;
- We can send you your conditional approval letter if you encounter difficulties downloading it;
- We can schedule your interview appointment for you;
- We can answer your questions about what to expect during the interview;
- We keep track your log-in information for future referrals;
- We deal with the government on your behalf as much as possible;
- We troubleshoot all questions – the government service does not;
- We are only an e-mail away to answer any question. Most questions are answered within one business day.
Inaccurate or incomplete application forms are automatically denied access to the Trusted Traveler program.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our terms and conditions before purchasing IVT services. By clicking the download link and paying the PayPal fees, you are agreeing to purchase a download pack or application form service from IVT. IVT is not a US or Canadian government agency or related to any US or Canadian government agency. IVT is not involved in the processing of your visa, trusted traveler program or passport. The PayPal fee you are agreeing to is the fee for IVT’s services as a private entity. There may be additional government fees to pay for the services you are downloading – these fees are explained on this webpage and within the application packs when you click the ‘Download Application’ button. We issue refunds under specific conditions. Check the Terms and Conditions page for more details. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your refund request. IVT is not accountable for any information given in the application pack, nor are we liable for any omissions or errors. The maximum liability for any circumstance will not exceed the purchase price.