Can I use my Nexus card instead of a passport?

Yes you can. Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (Canada is a member) the Nexus card along with the enhanced driver’s license, SENTRI pass, FAST card for truckers and Canadian passport are recognized as acceptable equivalent documents to a valid passport. There have been noted incidents where border guards have asked to see a passport as well as a NEXUS card, but under a US anti terrorism law brought in on June 1, 2009 legally the above documents count for travel between Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea.

Category: NEXUS Trusted Traveler Program FAQS

← Trusted Traveler FAQS

Comments are closed.