Student Visa

Free information guide for Student Visa

Anyone who wishes to study in Canada for over six months must have a valid student visa. Some may also need a Temporary Resident visa in order to enter Canada. Each year over 130,000 students are admitted to study courses in Canada; even more come to learn English or French here. Canada welcomes foreign students, recognizing the rich cultural diversity and knowledge they bring to the classroom. The free Student Application Pack is a guide for persons who wish to study in Canada and have been accepted to a Canadian school for a period of study over 6 months. If your study course lasts under 6 months you do not need a study permit, but you may need a visitor visa.


Application Pack Procedure

1. Click the ‘Download Application’ button to access the free Student Application Pack
2. Read and follow the instructions on how to prepare your application
3. Fill out the application forms included in the pack
4. Deliver or courier your complete application package to the address provided in the pack
5. Receive your Student Visa


Application Pack Contents

  • Information on how to get a study permit and temporary resident visa
  • Complete forms with instructions on how to fill them out
  • Photo Specification Guide
  • List of required supporting documentation
  • How to pay the fees
  • Where to submit your application
  • Information on what you are allowed to do with your study permit

Terms and Conditions

By clicking the download link you are downloading a free Canada Visa Application Pack from IVT. IVT is not a government agency and is not involved in the processing of your Canadian visa. Each Canadian Visa Application Pack is free of charge. IVT is not accountable for any information given in the application pack, nor are we liable for any omissions or errors. By clicking the ‘Download Application’ button you understand that Canada Immigration Visa & Travel (IVT) is not a government agency, and that this application pack was designed as an information guide by an independent organization, not by the Canadian government.