What is the Nexus Card/Pass?
NEXUS Pass is a border crossing card for expedited US Canada Border Crossing. NEXUS cards provide expedited travel at the US Canada Border for predetermined low-risk Canadian and US citizens. NEXUS pass holders can use the card as an air card when flying into the US or Canada as well as using it at land and sea points of entry. Using the NEXUS lane significantly speeds up the time spent waiting and being processed at the US Canada border.
NEXUS Pass Benefits
The list of NEXUS pass benefits may be small but put simply, the time spent queuing at the US Canada border particularly at peak times makes a NEXUS pass essential for anyone who crosses the border no matter how often. Some of the NEXUS program benefits are as follows:
- Faster border crossing times even at peak periods.
- Dedicated NEXUS lanes to expedite travel and save long queue times.
- Faster border inspection time. Customs and Border Patrol estimate that it takes NEXUS card holders 10 seconds at the border guard’s inspection booth.
- Fewer questions by border agents.
- Less stress when traveling with children.
How to Apply?
Download the simplified application form for the NEXUS pass program and choose between the two service options described below.
- Step 1: Download the NEXUS application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it.
- Step 2: Send the completed NEXUS form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, drivers license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096.
- Step 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee though PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your NEXUS application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 1 and 3 months to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler. Once you receive a decision you must book and attend a compulsory interview in order to complete the process.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
All applicants including child and infant NEXUS applicants must apply for an individual NEXUS card.
Inaccurate or incomplete NEXUS pass application forms are automatically denied access to the NEXUS cards program!
NEXUS Pass Requirements
You must meet the NEXUS program requirements in order to qualify for a Nexus card. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the NEXUS program if they:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
NEXUS Pass Cost
The fees associated with the NEXUS card are as follows:
$50.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children under 18 are exempt from all fees)
If you wish to apply directly with the CBP, please visit their website.
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
More questions about Nexus? Read our FAQs
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing. It also includes the following:
- We make sure that your application is thoroughly reviewed prior to submission to make sure it is complete and accurate according to CBP criteria;
- We submit your application to CBP for you;
- We advise you and of any additional documentation you must provide program (birth certificates, passports or citizenship card);
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take;
- We can update you about the progress of your application within the government system;
- We can send you your conditional approval letter if you encounter difficulties downloading it;
- We can schedule your interview appointment for you;
- We can answer your questions about what to expect during the interview;
- We keep track of your log-in information for future referrals;
- We deal with the government on your behalf as much as possible;
- We troubleshoot all questions;
- We are only an e-mail away to answer any question. Most questions are answered within one business day.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our terms and conditions before purchasing IVT services. By clicking the download link and paying the PayPal fees, you are agreeing to purchase a download pack or application form service from IVT. IVT is not a US or Canadian government agency or related to any US or Canadian government agency. IVT is not involved in the processing of your visa, trusted traveler program or passport. The PayPal fee you are agreeing to is the fee for IVT’s services as a private company. There may be additional government fees to pay for the services you are downloading – these fees are explained on this webpage and within the application packs when you click the ‘Download Application’ button. We issue refunds under specific conditions. Check the Terms and Conditions page for more details. Please email us at email@example.com with your refund request. IVT is not accountable for any information given in the application pack, nor are we liable for any omissions or errors. The maximum liability for any circumstance will not exceed the purchase price.